1) Why do we classify people as jews when that is their religion? I'm not hating on jews by all means, but "jew" is not a nationality. so when we classify them, why dont we call them Irish, German, Dutch, Spanish, etc? Why do we call them Jews? Why is THAT the classification we give them? Doesn't that make us somewhat like Hitler? Think about it.. Hitler was all about the "perfect" race. But what he failed to realize was exactly that. Jew is not a race! There were plenty of Jewish people that were born elsewhere. Take Anne Frank for instance. She was not born in Israel. She was born in Holland. She was raised in Holland. And yet she was shunned upon by the community because of her religion. But how did that work with Hitler? I understand he was a Christian. So yes, he wanted his "perfect race" to be Christian. But today, after all the people that died.. We learn about this stuff in High School History classes! Why do we hate Jewish people so much? Someone explain to me why we just automatically hate them. I've heard somewhere that even Walt Disney was a Nazi. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney movies, but why let your kids watch these shows with Mickey Mouse wearing a swastika on his arm. ..I sidetracked a lot here. It bothers me that we classify Jewish people like that instead of what they're nationality. If they are from Israel, then they are Isreali. Simple as that. I think it kind of degrades them as people.
2) So a friend of mine sent me this..
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic jewish zombie can make you live for ever if you telepathicly tell him you accept him as your master and ritualisticly eat his fleash so he can remove the evil in your soul which has been there since a rib woman was convinced to eat a magic apple by a talking snake... makes perfect sence
Now I just ask you to do this. Sit back, re-read that, and this time.. THINK about it. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I was baptised Catholic. Other than for weddings, I couldn't tell you the last time I was in church. Does that make me a bad person? If it does, I'm sorry for that. I really am. To me.. I have enough stuff going on in my life, to sit in a church and pray to someone, I'm not even quite sure is listening. I believe you determin your own fate. You make your own decisions. Sorry, I do not think that God makes decisions for you. If that was the case, why are there murders and so many other kinds of bad people out there? Why is there so much crime in the world when, for those who believe, God is controlling what we do. I don't believe it. I can't believe it. When we are faced with a cross-road to make a decision.. WE make that decision. No one else makes that for us. And Adam & Eve? .. That would make this entire world (again, for those who believe) full of incest. Are you kidding me?! We are all having sex with our brothers and sisters. Gross. To me, I can't believe that. Riddle me this.. How do we know that the bible is accurate? How do we know it's even real? And tell me this.. can you have your own beliefs if you are (insert religion here)? I am 100% for gay people. Gay marriages, everything. Accourding to the Catholic faith.. thats bad. Shunned upon. Pretty much, the only way to be a good Catholic, you have to believe everything in the faith. That's what my CCD teacher told me years ago. Everyone is going to believe or not believe in things they want or do not want to. None of us are perfect. Sorry!
Most of the topics I brought up here are things people do not want to think about. But I hope I opened your eyes a little. Comments are encouraged. Please, do not post negative things about me. I am writing what comes to my mind. No harm needs to be done here.
Thank you for reading.
i cant really comment on the first part as i dont know enough to be able to justify my ideas but you do seem to have a point and i can understand where you are coming from.
ReplyDeleteAs for the second part,,, i think Christianity and Christians them self have strayed of the path of 'their' own beliefs,,, they dont even follow 'their' rules and regulations, as for the bible its not the word of god as far as i'm concerned, it was write by several people, basically a story of what happened during that time and put into one book,they are their accounts of what happened,,,pfft,,, this book 'THE BIBLE' as its called has since been interpreted over and over by other people adding more here take away from there, so does that still make it 'THE WORD OF GOD',,, i think not.
I was gona say that in todays time if Christianity had to start lets say tomorrow i'm sure you would consider it a cult, if not for the scale of it it would be, but you look at all the cults of to day, those groups that start off and the 'priest' as the head person of the cult likes to be known ends up poisoning or killing the group, the base of there belief is Christianity, believe in the word of god, the book of god.
Not all Christians are bad dont get me wrong, they have done some good things in the world i think that is great, if not for,,,hummmm i'm gona call it a club,,, if not for this club of devoted followers and there believes who knows what the world would be like...
I think religion is just a cult, no lets be nice its club for people who want to be part of some thing and good on them for that, do what you believe in its no skin off my back.
I think i'm gona leave it at that....