Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Number One..

So, this blog today is going to be about the number one thing bothering me at the moment. Currently, I am at home in an extreme amount of chest pain that has been going on for the past hour and half. Not quite sure what is wrong, but I am trying to stay calm, in hopes it will go away. My mom is on her way to my apartment now, and I might be going to the ER. Now, I know the question you are all probably wondering right about now.. Why didn't you go to the hospital right away? Well my friend, this is exactly what I am going to write about.

Well, I don't have insurance. I am going to be 21 in January, and a full time student (also in January).. but because I was only a part-time student this semester, I could not be on my step-dads insurance. Well, for the past few weeks, I've been getting really sick. My heart has been racing with minimal to no activity. I am light-headed and dizzy all the time. I get headaches that last all day, and don't seem to want to go away. Sunday night, I fainted. Not sure for how long. Today, I have this pain on the left side of my chest. Feels like someone is stabbing me and putting a lot of pressure on me. And I've been short of breath. My mom got me to be on the insurance, but it doesn't go through until January. So what am I supposed to do? She tried calling and asking them to push it through, because I am obviously in need of treatment. But, they said no. So here I am, laying on my couch, in a lot of pain. But because the ER likes to charge people rediculous amounts of money for things, I am skeptical to go. So today.. this is what bothers me. WHY CANT WE ALL JUST HAVE INSURANCE. Shit, other countries do it, and it comes out of their taxes. Nope, the US is fucking rediculous. What if I was having a heart attack today and died? What would I get from the government? I'll tell you.. NOTHING. A plain "Oh well." And that is complete bullshit. We live in this nation that is all about freedom. Well tell me, freedom to do what? Because will all this freedom, it seems like there are stipulations to everything. I have the freedom of seeking medical care, BUT I have to pay stupid amount of money because I don't have insurance. I really think that is the stupidest thing. I understand doctors have to make money too. Good for them. Great for them! And then there are people who make a stupid amount of money, because they make movies. Like, thats great and all, but how about setting up a fund for the people in the world who don't have insurance, and can't afford to get better? If I was making the amount of money these people do, I would definitly donate to that. But do they? Sure, for little kids. But what about for adults? Or people who got kicked off their parents because they don't go to school full time. Okay, grand, some jobs give out benefits. But sometimes, they aren't even good ones. I went with my old insurance before I got laid off.. I still have to payover $2000. So where the FUCK was my insurance in that case?

I'm done with this rant. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment